From being dropped great heights onto concrete floors to being frozen solid in a giant freezer, Motorola’s Accelerated life Testing program puts two-way radios through their paces to ensure they can withstand pretty much anything you and your staff can throw at them.
The tests which simulate 5 years of hard use and involve:
- Water resistance tests – rotating 360 degree water jets, simulate blowing rain onto each radio.
- Extreme temperature tests (shock tests) – radios are frozen solid before being suddenly thrust into extreme heat.
- Vibration capsules – radios are placed in individually vibrating capsules to simulate rough handling and transportation vibration.
- Rusting and corrosion tests – radios are encased in salt and fog to test rust corrosion.
- Solar radiation tests – radios are exposed to a radiation chamber to ensure no surface discoloration is experienced.
Watch the video to see exactly what your two-way radio goes through to ensure it’s ready for a life on your site, factory or outlet: